2020 made us all realize how important one’s health is and how it is necessary to take care of our body to fight for us at the right time when we feel sick. People became conscious of what they were eating or where they were exercising and a lot of them got comfortable working from home. Sometimes going to the gym becomes a hassle, and many avoid exercising. Many look for alternatives to stay fit and fine, and Qigong is another alternative. It is an ancient Chinese practice combining various gentle exercises, controlled breathing techniques, and meditation to cultivate overall physical and mental health.
It is an ancient technique that the Chinese used earlier to stay fit both physically and mentally. This practice is done to generate the energy and strength of nature into one’s body, which can help people to have better physical and mental health. You can find a lot of information on the internet to learn about Qigong and how to attend qigong classes. It can be learned in either a qigong class or at your own pace. You can watch tutorials, read books and other things if you want to learn qigong. There are a lot of advantages linked to this practice backed up by scientific proof. Let’s know about them one by one.
Advantages Of Qigong
People always choose an alternative when they find some profit from it over a conventional method. There are a lot of advantages of this practice which are as follows:
- Qigong mainly focuses on gentle body movements and controlled breathing exercises, which help one to increase their awareness of the body in space, the flexibility of the body and even muscular strength.
- It also helps lower anxiety and stress in people as it helps them calm down and stay in the same state for a very long time. Many people prefer Qihong because, in today’s world, everyone has some or other stress, and this exercise helps one stay calm and focused.
- It is a regular practice and hence you can either learn it from a teacher or tutorials available on the internet. Still, it will only be effective if you practice it regularly.
- It is believed to improve the focus of people. While doing the meditation exercise, you generate nature’s energy within yourself which help you to take control of your body and makes you more focused.
- It improves blood flow; hence, many chronic diseases can be prevented by practicing this exercise. It can prevent diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, and other conditions like heart strokes or paralysis.
These benefits lure people to try Qihong as an alternative to conventional exercises. It has been popular lately, and many people are shifting to this calm and peaceful practice to take better care of their mental and physical well-being. This practice not only keeps your body healthy but also keeps your mind sharp and fit which in turn helps you to be calm and lead a peaceful life.
Many people prefer to join classes to learn and practice this exercise, but some want to self-learn Qigong. It is not impossible as per se but very difficult and there are some things that people need to be mindful of before thinking to start learning Qigong on their own.
4 Things To Know Before You Start Learning Qigong
These are the 5 things one needs to be mindful of while going on the journey of self-learning qigong:
1. Qigong involves both Mental and Physical aspects
The most important thing to know about Qigong is that it is not a typical exercise as it involves both the Mental and Physical components. It is essential to understand that this practice involves gentle movements, meditation, and controlled breathing exercises. Someone who wants to start learning this exercise must learn both aspects. Physical activities are designed to cultivate the Qi or the life energy in the body.
2. Self-learning Qigong provides flexibility
This is one of the biggest reasons people prefer to self-learn Qigong because it allows them to learn the practice independently without pushing their life too much. In the fast-evolving modern world, people are busy in their lives, and they cannot commit to a schedule for this, so self-learning qigong can provide them with a lot of flexibility.
3. Self-teaching qigong can be challenging
One of the most difficult parts of self-learning qigong is that it is challenging to learn this practice independently. There are a lot of complex sets and exercises and sometimes it becomes tiresome to follow all the instructions given in the book or tutorial. In a class, you have other people who can motivate you to learn this practice and be better at it while self-learning is an alone path and it is prevalent to lose motivation. One needs to be inspired and always eager to learn while learning Qigong.
4. Online resources can help a lot while learning Qigong
People interested in learning Qigong on their own can go through various online resources, such as books, and video tutorials or opt for a self-paced tutorial where they can learn the complex movements and breathing exercises without much hassle. There is a lot of information available on the internet, which is good and evil at the same time. It is good because you have multiple resources you can look from and learn while these resources could be categorized better, making them easier to understand. This is one of the bad aspects of online resources. Otherwise you can quickly learn qigong from online resources.
Qigong is one of the fastest-growing alternatives for conventional exercise, and many people prefer this over modern gyms or vigorous exercise. It keeps your physical and mental health well without heavy training, which lures people to try this practice. It is high time to change our ways and take care of our physical and mental bodies, as life is very uncertain. Learning qigong is simple, and many people understand it on their own; all it needs is willpower and determination to keep yourself healthy.