Did you know that one in four people in the world is affected by mental or neurological disorders once in their lives? According to WHO, poor mental health is the prime cause of ill-health and disability worldwide. Thus, if you are feeling mental exhaustion or anxiety in any way, you shouldn’t take it lightly. You should make an effort to improve and maintain good mental health.
But how can I maintain good mental health?
By reading erotic stories, for example!
Yes, people, stories full of steamy scenes and sensual dialogues can help to improve your mental health to a great extent. Everyone has probably heard about the psychological benefits of having sex, but not many people know that reading about sex can also offer the same benefits. So, if you aren’t familiar with erotica benefits in improving mental health, let’s scroll to learn more about it.
Relationship Between Erotica and Mental Health
Rapid breathing. Flushed face. Fast heartbeat. Muscle twitching. And feeling light-headed are common symptoms of sexual arousal and panic attack. Many studies disclose that anxiety disorders can lead to poor erection in males and clitoral tumescence in females. So if a poor mental state can negatively impact your sex life, what if we reversed the equation?
That means if you focus on boosting your sex desires, your mental state will automatically improve. By reading erotic stories, you can tingle your sexual desires, which can eventually put your mind at ease. That’s because reading erotic books and self-help books have an equivalent impact on the mind.
5 Ways Reading Erotica Can Improve Your Mental Health
1. Erotica is a stress reliever
Stress is the main trigger point behind almost all mental health problems. When you are constantly under lots of stress, it will eventually weaken your mental health. But, stress is something that you can’t avoid. Today, stress triggers are everywhere, like your office workload, never-ending home errands, etc.
However, you can block your stressors by engrossing yourself in the fictional erotic land. While reading explicit sex scenes, sensual dialogues, and pleasurable words, nothing else matters. All the forces stimulating your stress will halt for a moment, and your focus will solely remain on the erotic story. In short, erotica is the best way to forget about stress for a while.
2. Erotica makes you happy
Reading helps you imagine things. For example, when the lead female character in the story reaches an orgasm, you can also feel her pleasure. You can feel every lick, thrust, and penetration as if it were happening to you. And when your sexual senses are on high alert, you can easily reach orgasm with a little help from your hand.
Your orgasm can release three hormones in your brain that put you in a happy state of mind, including:
- Dopamine — plays a significant role in increasing your motivation level
- Endorphins — fights against all stress and pain boosters
- Oxytocin — is called a relaxing hormone that takes away all your worries
3. Erotica helps you sleep better
If you are sleep-deprived, it can affect your mental and emotional state too. You will find yourself restless, moody, and incapable of making decisions in your sleep-deprived condition. A study even showed that poor sleep quality could lead to early death.
But not to worry when you have erotica. It can improve your sleep quality due to the release of a magic chemical called oxytocin. This hormone helps to relax your mind and even makes you drowsy. Almost 50% of men and women stated that masturbating and reaching an orgasm not only helps people fall asleep but improves the quality of it as well.
So, if you can’t sleep, open your phone or tablet to visit an erotic website to read unlimited erotic stories for free.
4. Erotica enhances couple intimacy
Sometimes, while juggling home and work life, couples don’t get sufficient time to be intimate. The lack of intimate time together can create a divergence in your relationship. In fact, 50% of divorces among Americans happen due to a lack of sex. As we all know, divorce leads to several emotional trauma and dirty custody battles, leaving a huge scar on your mental health.
Therefore, if you and your partner aren’t getting enough couple time, you should invest in a good erotic story collection right away. Erotica can help couples in rejuvenating emotional intimacy and physical attraction in many ways, such as:
- Helps in understanding your partner — if lately, your partner isn’t in the mood to have sex or cuddle with you, reading about intimate relationships can help you understand your partner. You can gain a new perspective of what’s impacting your partner’s sex drive so you can better help him or her.
- Try something new in your bedroom — you can steal some tricks from your favourite erotic stories to seduce your partner. For instance, you can try a new sex position or even encourage your partner to use sex toys.
- Improve your sex drive — during hormonal changes or a depressed mental state, it’s common to lose your sexual appetite. Here, you can use erotica as foreplay to stimulate arousal before getting intimate with your partner.
- Establish a better connection with your partner — erotica breaks your shyness and gives you a confidence boost to openly share your sexual preferences with your partner. Shockingly, over a third of Americans aren’t satisfied with their sex life. So don’t bottle up your emotions. Instead, freely discuss your desires with your partner.
5. Erotica can make you feel younger
Usually, people in their 30s or 40s start to feel old and unattractive which then impacts their mental health negatively. Erotic stories show you how your age or appearance has nothing to do with true beauty. Reading about curving spinster’s sex escapades or romance brewing between couples in their 50s can help you feel younger. Plus, orgasm is always a wonderful confidence booster.
Erotica & Mental Health
You can think of erotic stories as miraculous mental health booster pills that can help you overcome stress and anxiety. Some sensual reading can put your mind in a state of ecstasy and improve the quality of your life So, whenever you’re feeling down or insecure, try reading erotica for a change.